Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Black Bean Tortilla Casserole - Our version

This was inspired by a recipe from "Best of Church Supper's" by Taste of Home.  The original recipe calls for fresh ingredients, we did not have on hand; and if you are new, I'm very highly sensitive/allergic to onions and garlic, I never cook with those two items.

1 can black beans {drained & rinsed}
1 can whole pinto beans {drained & rinsed}
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies {drained}
1 can diced green chilies {sm}
2oz mild green enchilada sauce {reserve remaining, can be frozen for future use}
shredded cheese
flour tortillas

mix all ingredients except cheese and tortillas; in med. sized bowl.  Grease a 9x13 casserole. Layer enough of the bean mixture to just cover the bottom of the dish, next add some of the shredded cheese, followed by a layer of tortillas {two med. sized tortillas made a layer}, repeat, layers, finish with a cheese layer.  Bake at 350, until heated through and bubbly.  

The family loved this recipe, I'll definitely be making it again!

1 comment:

House Built On Stone said...

thank you so much for posting this